General Office Administrator
Are you a hardworking working individual that strives in a fast-paced work environment? Traugott Building Contractors is seeking an organized, self-motivated General Office Administrator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have a positive upbeat attitude, strong attention to detail, and one who loves to work in a team environment
Reporting to the Office Manager, the General Office Administrator performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the managers and site superintendents to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Office Duties
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Receive incoming mail; open, date stamp, review for distribution, distribute accordingly
- Receive incoming couriers; sign, open, review for distribution, distribute accordingly
- Send and oversee outgoing couriers, FedEx, Purolator, etc.
- Match courier slips to invoices for Accounts Payable
- Post / Deliver to Post Office outgoing mail daily
- Notify Subtrades of cheques for release via email or phone & mail/courier as decided
- Equipment maintenance & troubleshooting as required; mail machines, courier machines, photocopiers
- Assisting Superintendents - sending supplies & documents to site as required
- Provide accurate administrative support by composing and editing a variety of documents including letters, emails, agendas, reports and presentations
- Printing of documents as needed
- Manage and monitor project documents including files and binders
- Provide general office support to all departments as directed by the manager
- Other duties as assigned
Back-Up Admin Support
- Administrative Support for Project Managers which includes: Purchase Orders (PO),Change Events (CE), Potential Change Orders (PCO), Contract Change Orders (CCO),Type minutes of meetings
- Scanning uploading and naming documents into PROCORE as required by Project Managers/ Project Coordinators or Executive Admin
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business/ Office Administration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role providing administrative support
- Strong analytical, problem solving and detail-oriented skills are critical
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams and levels in the organization
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
Salary & Benefits
Your salary will be competitive with the current market & respectful of your experience. Traugott also offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision programs
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
Established in 1964, Traugott has a diverse backgrounds and skill set – a national presence across commercial, Institutional, Residential and industry sectors. Traugott implements means and methods across sectors and geography to improve quality, delivery and value.
- We strive to be a valued contributing team member – create and support a partnership philosophy with all stakeholders throughout the project duration
- We provide the experience and expertise necessary to understand and execute projects
- We reduce and mitigate risk through strategic partners, products & services
- We go beyond providing the simple – We provide creative solutions and innovative approaches to all design and construction challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you to all who apply, however only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.