The Project Coordinator assists the Project Managers and Site Superintendent in all phases of a construction project. The PC is responsible for supporting duties on multiple projects, from site plan review, drawings management, estimating support to pre-construction support. Responsible to ensure that critical documentation is prepared, updated, delivered and communicated as required during the various stages of a project. Responsible for projects from start to closeout while also managing deficiencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Site plans reviews that include assisting with site set-up/organization, servicing, grading and electrical, firewalls, truck turning, building foot print, asphalt and signage, as well as owner/tenant signoff
- Assist with procurement and approvals for permits and other government approvals, eg. building permits, health dept., etc.
- Overview and review of documentation with owner/tenants eg. tendering and issuing docs, floor plans and elevation approval, and material review and ordering(collaborate with project managers and site superintendent)
- Support the tendering and estimating process by reviewing the bid documents, ensuring drawings are distributed, sub trades notified and material take offs are complete
- Preparation of drawing production, distribution, and coordination with admin, mech/elec etc.
- Review shop drawings, consultant’s drawings, and arrange pre-drawing meeting with architect and PM
- Assist PM and site superintendent to identify potential drawing errors and/or conflicts
- Support the pre-construction process by attending job meetings and recording minutes
- Distribute change notices/instructions to sub trades, and compile pricing for project manager
- Inspection distribution list to sub trades and mortgage survey
- Liaison with project manager, site superintendents and support staff
- Degree or Diploma in Civil/Construction Engineering,
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ Project Coordination experience with a General Contractor
- Experience working on Commercial, Industrial and Mid to High-rise projects
- Proven experience handling projects valued up to $5 Million or more
- Thorough understanding and ability to drawings and specifications
- Ability to provide simultaneous support for needs across multiple projects in varying phases
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams and levels in the organization
- Proficient in various MS computer applications
- Willingness to travel; a valid driver’s license is required
Salary & Benefits
Your salary will be competitive with the current market & respectful of your experience. Traugott also offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision programs
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
Established in 1964, Traugott has a diverse backgrounds and skill set – a national presence across commercial, Institutional, Residential and industry sectors. Traugott implements means and methods across sectors and geography to improve quality, delivery and value.
- We strive to be a valued contributing team member – create and support a partnership philosophy with all stakeholders throughout the project duration
- We provide the experience and expertise necessary to understand and execute projects
- We reduce and mitigate risk through strategic partners, products & services
- We go beyond providing the simple – We provide creative solutions and innovative approaches to all design and construction challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you to all who apply, however only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.