Traugott is looking for a strong ICI Superintendent to join our Ontario team.
The Site Superintendent will be responsible for direct leadership and management of construction sites and site personnel, including the daily coordination and supervision of resources and materials while promoting an engaged and accountable workforce. Complete project requirements as per plans and specifications on time and on budget, in cooperation with the Project Management team. You will be responsible for the implementation and overall enforcement of health and safety programs and quality control processes on site.
Availability is required to work both day and night shifts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Site safety leader. Responsible for implementing and monitoring Traugott’s Health, Safety, and Environment Policies with all employees and subcontractors on site
- Daily supervision and coordination of trades
- Ensures that projects are constructed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, applicable building codes, and quality control standards
- Drives the construction schedule collectively with the project team; ensuring milestones and completion
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities; ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Leads project meetings with all stakeholders (Owners, Architects, Consultants, Engineers, internal project teams, and Government officials) to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Collaborate with trade partners and consultants
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as needed
- 5 - 10 years of construction experience as a Superintendent with a General Contractor.
- Experience building new ground-up commercial retail projects
- Journeyman Carpenter or related Trade Certificate with extensive experience in the tools
- Construction-related degree or diploma an asset (Construction Management, CET, Engineering Degree, etc.)
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- Experience in commercial mixed-use mid to high-rise projects will be highly regarded
- Extensive working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; strong working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, and project management
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholder's needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- WHIMS 2015
- Working at Heights
- First Aid Certificate
- JHSC Training
- MOL – Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness
- Basics of Supervision
Salary & Benefits
Your salary will be competitive with the current market & respectful of your experience. Traugott also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision programs
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
Established in 1964, Traugott has a diverse background and skill set – a national presence across commercial, Institutional, Residential, and industry sectors. Traugott implements means and methods across sectors and geography to improve quality, delivery, and value.
- We strive to be a valued contributing team member – create and support a partnership philosophy with all stakeholders throughout the project duration
- We provide the experience and expertise necessary to understand and execute projects
- We reduce and mitigate risk through strategic partners, products & services
- We go beyond providing the simple – We provide creative solutions and innovative approaches to all design and construction challenges
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you to all who apply, however, only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.