Sr. Project Manager - High Rise Residential
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing multiple projects, from start up, including budgeting and scheduling, to project closeouts. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Setup and start projects including coordination with building departments, government regulatory bodies, engineers, architects and other consultants
- Manage closeout of projects, ensuring completion of all deficiencies and resolution of any outstanding construction or client issues
- Create, monitor and report on project schedules and costs, margins and profitability.
- Prepare and review all construction cost reports and forecasts looking for early warning signs of potential risk and developing effective plans to overcome/mitigate.
- Coordinate, chair and participate in various project and site meetings, working collaboratively with the project team
- Develop strong client relationships and act as the main point of contact throughout the project to achieve the client’s goals and objectives
- Implement and manage site and public safety
- Manage and expedite site and subtrade shop drawings and requests
- Liaison with clients, subtrades and suppliers for scheduling, coordination and pricing
- Manage client billings, approvals and expedite change order approvals
- Review of estimate and job costs
- Assist with the evaluation of sub-trade pricing (tender or change) in reference to scope and negotiate sub-contract price
- Develop cost saving methods
- Liaise, train and develop project coordinators and support staff
- General review of all construction methods and materials and how they relate to building performance, job budget and job schedule
- This position will require some travel throughout Ontario
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or CET Diploma
- Minimum of 10 years’ of progressive project management experience, working directly for established design build, commercial, industrial and or High Rise General Contractors
- Experience with High Rise Condos is required
- Experience with PROCORE Construction Management Software an asset
- LEED Certification an Asset
- Proven experience handling projects valued at $50m - $100m +
- Strong understanding of building drawings and specifications
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and manage risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Ability to resolve staffing and hourly labor issues.
- Ability to manage project budgets and create and schedule a project.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams and levels in the organization
- Proficient in various MS computer applications
- Willingness to travel; a valid driver’s license is required
Salary & Benefits
Your salary will be competitive with the current market & respectful of your experience. Traugott also offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision programs
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Professional Development
Established in 1964, Traugott has a diverse backgrounds and skill set – a national presence across commercial, Institutional, Residential and industry sectors. Traugott implements means and methods across sectors and geography to improve quality, delivery and value.
- We strive to be a valued contributing team member – create and support a partnership philosophy with all stakeholders throughout the project duration
- We provide the experience and expertise necessary to understand and execute projects
- We reduce and mitigate risk through strategic partners, products & services
- We go beyond providing the simple – We provide creative solutions and innovative approaches to all design and construction challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank you to all who apply, however only candidates deemed qualified will be contacted.